Shu-Mart Pty Ltd are committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
Shu-Mart ABN 82 744 085 423 (“we, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy will inform you as to how we collect and process your personal information through the use and access to this website.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include:
- Identity / profile information: name, company name, address, email addresses, phone numbers, username and password
- Contact / Billing information: billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number.
- Purchase / transaction information: Details of payments to and from you, details of products you have purchased from us, bank account & credit card details.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including correspondence, by telephone, by email, via our website www.shu-mart.com.au, sign up forms; create an account on our website, submit payments through our website, in store, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing or following unsubscribe links found at the bottom of our marketing campaigns.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Personal information collected and purpose it is used for
Examples of Personal Information collected and purposes used include:
- To register you as a new user / customer on our website.
- To manage, process and deliver orders to you, fulfilling our obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To manage marketing information you have opted into, to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, services and offers that may be of interest to you.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. This website may include links to other websites, plug-ins and applications provided by others including those acting on our behalf. Clicking on those links or enabling connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you, and have their own privacy policies. We do not control third party websites and are not responsible for their actions or policies. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties who help us process payments through our website such as Stripe & PayPal
- Any member of Shu-Mart Pty Ltd.
- Where required or authorised by law, we are legally obliged to disclose your personal information
- Third parties who help us administer our website and marketing services
- To Professional advisors, accountants, lawyers, auditors, audit assessors and banking services
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, By form of SSL certificates & API key through third party payment methods (such as PayPal & Stripe)
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Shu-Mart will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
5/441 South Road Bentleigh, Victoria, 3204